Your sweetheart is more like the type “Okay” and “Aha”? Do not worry, we know what …
We would like to dismiss it as obsolete prejudice and cheap cliché that men are not necessarily the biggest public speakers (especially when it comes to feelings …). But stupidly, surveys suggest that there is something in the rumor.
For example, in a survey conducted by ElitePartner on things that might be better in the relationship, the desire for the partner to talk about his feelings more often ended up as # 1 for the ladies. In the same survey, men said they were in partnership but certainly more harmonious if her friend was not so emotional. Sounds like a bit of a dilemma - but it is not! After all, why are we emotionally intelligent beings? We can do just about anyone to talk to us - we just have to ask the right questions.
20 questions that make everyone talk
An important general rule for good questions is: ask as specific as possible! Classics and all-rounders like "how are you?" or "How was your day?" are far too general and abstract (and ultimately over-demanding) to make people who just do not feel the need to communicate want to take a serious look.
Another useful rule, if you really want to learn something interesting: With the question alluding to emotions, emotional experiences or imagination and imagination! Pure questions such as "Who were you having lunch with today?" or "Do you have any plans for the weekend?" Often pull tight answers, which leads to further follow - and the conversation in a very one-sided direction.
- What did you laugh the most about today?
- What annoyed you most today?
- What are you proud of today?
- Who made it especially difficult for you today?
- Who helped you the most today?
- At what moment would you like to fast forward / rewind your time?
- If you were an animal, which one would you like to be?
- If you were an ice cream, what would it be?
- Suppose you could only eat one vegetable variety for the rest of your life - which one would you choose?
- Which movie would you most like to star in?
- Which movie resembles your life the most?
- If you lost your memory and could only keep a memory of your life, which one would you choose?
- What wish would you most like to fulfill now?
- What was your most interesting experience today?
- With which person would you like to exchange your life for a week?
- What was your biggest challenge today and how did you manage it?
- If you could rewind this day and change something - would you do it? And if so, what would you do differently?
- Did something surprise you today? If yes, what?
- What would you say to your 14-year-old self if you could meet it?
- What are you most thankful for at this moment?
By the way : Of course you get with these questions not only your sweetheart, but also girlfriend, buddy, brother and Co. to talk. Just try it! And if you would rather exchange ideas with people you do not want to lure out of the reserve with specific questions: Have a look at our community !