A candy bar for the wedding is a real highlight! What you need and what sweets fit, we tell you here.
A candy bar for the wedding is a real highlight and therefore needs a place where it is present. Where that is depends entirely on your location. This can be next to the bar or the buffet – or somewhere else, where people often come by. It’s best to build them or let them build the Candy Bar for dessert , so that people have not eaten at the treats before. You can also serve Candy Bar as a midnight snack.
The bar includes small paper bags (or small plates) that guests can use to take any number of treats to the square or dance floor.
Design your candy bar
If your wedding has a motto, you will not only adapt the party favors, but also the candy bar. If you do not have one, here are some design tips :
- Sushi candy
- Film / Cinema
- Winter Wonderland
- Colorful or just after
- Favorite color (s)
You can use this on utensils :
- Paper bags for popcorn
- Bonbon scoop
- Bowls and bowls
- Platters / pie plates
- Candy bags and / or small plates
To decorate the candy bar :
- Streudeko / confetti
- Garland (s) (Pennant, Tassel, Figurines)
- Signs for explanations (small boards, picture frames, card holders, etc.)
- Light box
- Possibly. Flowers or small plants
- Decorated hula hoops or metal rings
- Balloons / foil balloons as lettering
- Pompons / honeycomb balls for hanging
- paper trays
- fruit boxes
- LED lights (eg as star, heart, cloud, etc.)
Candy Bar Wedding – come with the sweets!
The main actor of the Candy Bar are, of course, the delicious sweets. But which sweets are included? Sure is the matter of taste, but since a wedding celebration is usually celebrated with family, friends and acquaintances, the bridal couple should try to cover different tastes .
The classics of a candy bar
- Cupcakes or muffins
- cream puff
- cake pops
- Confectionery / chocolates
- chocolate bar
- Sweets in all colors and shapes
- fruit gums
- candy Canes
Ideas for your candy bar at the wedding
- Candied apples
- Chocolate-coated fruit
- Chocolate mini pretzel
- Small chocolate croissants
- Mini cinnamon rolls
- candy Canes
- (fruity) chewy sweets
- Mini Gugelhupf
- Bonbon chains
- Wafers with effervescent powder
- Mini pancake fruit skewer
- Energy Balls
- Sweet tacos
- Sweet pizza
- Sweet mini-burger
- Waffles on a stick
Very popular at the moment is the combination of salt and caramel ! From this you can conjure up a lot, whether ice cream, candies, creams or chocolates.
Beverages are optional and are not mandatory with any candy bar. It goes well with: Prosecco (possibly still flavoring syrup to refine), (homemade) ice tea and other soft drinks .
Alternative to the candy bar at the wedding
If you do not fancy a classic candy bar, you’re sure to find a nice alternative:
- Ice Cream Bar : The Ice Cream Bar offers a variety of ice creams, including frozen yoghurt. But what really matters are the delicious toppings! Again, much is possible, such as small marshmallows, chocolate, walnuts, sprinkles, coconut flakes, or or and and various sauces such as caramel, strawberry or chocolate.
- Hot Chocolate Bar : At this bar, guests can chill fruit and nuts with hot chocolate to their heart’s content – yummy!
- Salty Bar : If it’s not cute, a Salty Bar is just the ticket! In addition to pretzel sticks and pretzels, these include other lye pastries, (salted) nuts, flips, popcorn, bread sticks, bread chips, etc.
- Cheese platter : Guests will also enjoy a lovely cheeseboard with grapes and figs and other savory snacks such as pickled olives, ham rolls, bread with olive oil, etc.
If you are still looking for inspiration for your wedding, check out the 2019 wedding trends . Here are some ideas and tips for the table decoration at the wedding . And there is also a nice gift for you: Take a look at our article for wedding favors.