Blue sea, huge pyramids and impressive temples – Egypt is not without reason a popular travel destination. Which entry requirements apply to Egypt, you will find here.
You want to enter Egypt , but do not know what documents you need for it? So that everything goes smoothly with your vacation, you will find the necessary information here.
Entry requirements for Egypt – the entry documents
Whether to Cairo , Hurghada or Luxor, for your entry into Egypt you need a passport and a visa .
Entry is possible with a passport or temporary passport . But: the pass must be valid for six months beyond the trip. Children can enter with a child passport with picture.
A valid identity card alone is not enough. According to the Foreign Office, you need an additional entry card ( “Immigration Card”), which you get on the plane or at the airport. For that you should take a biometric passport photo with you. Note that the ID card is not considered a sufficient document of identification throughout Egypt.
And: A temporary identity card is not accepted for entry.
As a German citizen, you need a visa, whether for a business trip or for a vacation . You can apply for a business visa or tourist visa for a fee at the Egyptian Embassy or the Consulate General in Frankfurt and Hamburg. Currently, a tourist visa costs 22 euros.
For the visa to be issued, you will also need two biometric passport photos, your passport, a copy of the first page of your passport, the visa fee, any copies of the residence permit and travel confirmation and, of course, the completed and signed application form.
Tip: The tourist visa can also be applied for as an e-visa online.
Alternatively, you can purchase the visa when entering Egypt (“Visa on arrival”), the fees may be higher in this case.
Entry requirements for Egypt – you should note that
- From a value of $ 10,000, a foreign currency must be declared upon arrival.
- Also the bringing of Egyptian currency is subject to borders . For current import limits, contact the embassy.
- Entry requirements for German citizens may change (in the short term). Inform yourself at the Egyptian Embassy or the Consulate General.
- Whether a trip to Egypt is safe, you can look at the Foreign Office . There you will find out everything about current travel or partial travel warnings.
- Think of a health insurance abroad , so you in an emergency not to stay on the costs.
In our Brigitte Community you can talk with other travel enthusiasts about traveling.